This 1/35 scale assembly kit recreates the Russian Heavy Tank KV-2, a heavier variant of the KV-1 (Item 35372). The Russian Heavy Tank KV-2 was developed and produced at the same time as the KV-1 chassis, but it incorporated a massive, boxy turret equipped with a 152mm howitzer. Although its weight caused frequent machinery failure during the early part of the German-Soviet War from June, 1941, it’s also recorded that one KV-2 single handedly held up one German division, for a few days. The KV-2 concept also played a role in the development of heavy self-propelled guns such as the JSU-152.
- Road wheels are no-rib types which were seen on the KV-2 and early KV-1 models, plus return rollers with rubber rims
- Features large-diameter idler wheels which were equipped with the early and middle production models
- The massive turret with 152mm howitzer is box-type assembly, and its surface such as armor plate and weld lines are authentically depicted
- Main gun barrel has a realistic rendering of rifling near the muzzle
- The lower and upper hulls, and tracks are the same as the ones of the KV-1 kit
In The Box
- (1) 1/35 Russian Heavy Tank KV-2 Kit
Needed to Complete
- Plastic Cement
- Finishing Supplies
There are no reviews yet.